Millersville University of Pennsylvania is recruiting for multiple full-time, 9 month, Dining Services Food Service Worker 1 positions. Assignments could be in the dish room, kitchen, vegetable preparation area, serving areas, dining rooms, deli/convenience stores, catering and receiving.
Annual Salary: $21,915.00 (9-month salary) with potential for additional hours over the summer plus comprehensive benefits starting on the first day of employment, with coverage for the entire year, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay 5% of bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay 2.5% when participating in the wellness program.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and dependents after 90 days.
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and dependents after 90 days.
- Group life insurance – equal to annual salary at no cost to the employee.
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from.
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are eligible.
- Vacation leave– up to 11 days accrued per year for first 3 years, increases to 19 days per year after 3 years.
- Sick leave – up to 11 days accrued per year, including up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family member.
- Holiday leave – Up to 12 days per calendar year.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are available for our 6,250 students to find their path. Several of our programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science, technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. We have over 950 graduate students enrolled in 21 master’s and 3 doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission, professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of the foundation for our learning and working environment. Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to learn procedures and practices for food handling, sanitation, cleanliness.
- Demonstratedability to use food service equipment and utensils.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer cash register.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Basic math skills for recipe and quantity control
- Working effectively with other employees.
- Working effectively with customers.
- Demonstrated good attendance record; is aware of the impact that missing work will have on the customer as well as co-workers.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Must follow basic dress code and hygiene standards set by University Dining.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- May be required to work in cold storage areas.
- May be required to have a valid driver’s license to drive university van, box truck or motorized skid. (Food Service Worker positions within Catering require a valid driver’s license.)
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
- Six months food service experience.
To Apply: Please visit of employment portal at https://jobs.millersville.edu/postings/9517 to apply.