The Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) is seeking an SEIS Contract Administrator to direct the SEIS contract for the benefit of children and youth residing in facilities operated by the Massachusetts Departments of Mental Health, Public Health, Youth Services, and the County Houses of Correction.
CES is the Contracted Provider for SEIS (Special Education in Institutional Settings), a program of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). Since 2008, CES has worked with DESE to coordinate and deliver special education services to students in the care of its host agencies. As the Contracted Education Provider for the SEIS Program, CES recruits, hires, and trains special education teachers; collaborates with host agency leaders in educational program improvement; designs and implements a statewide web-based student information system; supports coordinated technology development and curriculum integration; and monitors compliance with federal and state special education regulations. This position reports to the Executive Director. Duties require frequent in-state travel to multiple program host agencies.
Location: Administrative office in Westborough and Northampton, MA. This position does not have a remote work arrangement and onsite oversight of SEIS education is a critical component of this position.
We Value: Social justice and equity, positive youth development, and collaboration. Creating a community of care is the foundation to the work we do, together! We hope you will join us in this work!
This is You:
- You have a core set of values, including a commitment to high quality education, social justice, and equitable practices throughout your work as a leader and educator.
- Experience in both special and general education administration
- Hold a Masters degree in Special Education, Educational Administration, and/or related field and ESE Licensure as a building or district-level administrator
- Knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment in academic, social emotional and workplace readiness domains
- Experience in managing large systems (such as school systems) or large educational projects including contract budgets.
- Thrive and value collaborative leadership teams and working directly with school districts, social service agencies, related service providers and parents
- Commitment to access and equity for all students and a successful record of developing staff capacity to examine and address implicit biases and systemic inequalities and to create learning environments in which all students can thrive.
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the SEIS mission and goals supporting SEIS teachers, administrators are focused on the academic and social-emotional development of every student.
- Provide leadership in implementing, supervising and evaluating SEIS contract services
- Oversee, mentor and strengthen program leadership organized around professional development/curriculum, operations, and programs aligned with MTSS.
- Use a strategic workforce planning approach to support SEIS continuous quality improvement and progress in student outcomes
- Build operational capacity to plan for initiatives using evidence based practices adoption and sustainment with data-driven decision making, progress monitoring, and evidence-based supports
- Collaborate with ESE SEIS, Host Agency Directors, CES consultants, SEIS staff to ensure the effective design and implementation of professional development, curriculum, and technology plans for SEIS.
- Oversee the SEIS state contract work plan including monitor workforce staffing, contract spending and budgets.
- Coordinate with SEIS host agencies and program vendors through monthly meetings of DESE SEIS leadership and DYS leadership and through advisory groups (CHC Education Directors, DYS Professional Development Advisory Group) and through joint trainings (DMH Racial Trauma Day, WRCH New Teacher Orientation)
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. For best consideration, kindly apply by 3/26/2021.
Application process requires: Cover letter of interest, resume, brief application, documentation of DESE license and school transcripts upon hire.