Department: 3670055010 Health & Human Sciences Dean
Job no: 516295
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Academic Advising / Support, Student Affairs / Services
Pay Grade: 07A
About This Role:
The College of Health and Human Sciences (HHS) seeks a Degree Analyst to join their team in the Dean's Office. This position will work with faculty in course and curriculum, verification processes affecting student progress and program completion, and enrollment management. Utilizing curriculum and enrollment management applications, the Degree Analyst supports the course and curriculum review and approval process; manages the course transfer evaluation process and validation of credits; reviews and processes program plan changes and late enrollment processes; and tracks undergraduate research experiences. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the primary Curriculog administrator in providing administrative and technical support in the course and curriculum review and approval process, including attending college committee meetings, data entry, and providing a secondary review of entries to ensure completion, accuracy, and alignment with policies and processes
• Provide training and technical assistance on Curriculog to points of contact (POC) in departments as advised/requested by the primary Curriculog administrator
• Correspond with POC and faculty program administrators regarding course and curriculum proposals requiring modification
• Support POC in course and curriculum proposal entry as part of the transition in general education, to include all related and subsequent changes in compliance with KBOR requirements
• Monitor undergraduate and graduate catalogs for corresponding updates on approved proposals, noting inconsistencies and communicating with programs and appropriate administrative staff for corrections
• Communicate with students to process requests for and completion of minors, certificates, and secondary majors (including drop and add), and provide regular updates to programs accordingly
• Assist in the proposal process (data entry) for the development and delivery of micro-credentials, certificates, and other forms of content delivery as determined appropriate
• Manage transfer pathways and validate transfer credits for enrolled students by gathering syllabi, completing required forms, and distributing materials to the appropriate department and the Office of Recruitment and Admissions
• Provide support for review of coursework for distance students and evaluation support for students in pre-college concurrent and dual credit enrollment programs, and for students at the Olathe campus
• Review confidential student academic records and provide imaging support
• Support work of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and the Assistant Dean of Students Services as directed
• Provide backup to other Dean's office student services staff, as needed
Why Join Us:
The College of Health and Human Sciences is home to six academic departments (Applied Human Sciences; Food, Nutrition, Dietetics & Health; Hospitality Management; Interior Design & Fashion Studies; Personal Financial Planning; and Kinesiology), the Center on Aging, Physician Assistant program, and a Nursing partnership with Wichita State University. The College enrolls more than 2,300 undergraduate and 400 graduate students and employs more than 115 full-time faculty members in teaching, research, and Extension positions (https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/). The College is committed to promoting research, scholarship, creative activity, and discovery with a strategic and cohesive focus on health and human behavior.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off (vacation, sick, and holidays). To see what benefits are available, please visit https://www.k-state.edu/hsc/benefits.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High school diploma
• One year of relevant experience
• Associate or bachelor's degree
• Three years of related academic experience
• Proficiency in generating reports using Microsoft Excel
• Experience utilizing data warehouse systems and Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$18.26 - $23.08 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your employment application, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Nov 08, 2023
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/5010483
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.