Assistant Professor - Adult Learning & Leadership
Department: 3670040020 Educational Leadership
Job no: 516282
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 9 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: Hybrid eligible (partially remote, must reside in US)
Categories: Education / Instructional, Adult Development
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
Assistant Professor in Adult Learning and Leadership
Kansas State University and the College of Education is seeking applicants for a 9-month tenure track assistant professor in Adult Learning and Leadership housed in the Educational Leadership department to begin August 2024.
The vision of the College of Education at Kansas State University is “preparing educators to be knowledgeable, ethical, and caring decision makers.” This position, along with all positions in the College of Education, is directly responsible for advancing this vision and that of the Department of Educational Leadership. The Department of Educational Leadership houses a K-12 leadership graduate program, the adult learning and leadership graduate program, and the Community College Leadership doctoral program. The Adult Learning and Leadership program offers graduate certificates in adult learning, social justice, and leadership; MS in Adult Learning and Leadership; and an Ed.D./Ph.D. in Adult Learning and Leadership. The program is offered at a variety of locations throughout the state of Kansas as well as at a distance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching graduate courses in adult learning and leadership academic core areas and developing specialized topic courses, advising/mentoring graduate students, gaining graduate faculty status from the Graduate School, and serving on and chairing master's and doctoral committees. The successful candidate will have earned an Ed.D. or Ph.D. in the field of adult education, coaching and leadership, training and development, organizational learning and development, or related area. The successful candidate will have earned enough graduate level credits in quantitative research methods courses to be eligible to teach graduate level quantitative research methods courses. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for teaching graduate level courses in both face-to-face basis and distance (asynchronous and synchronous) modalities depending upon the department needs. A successful candidate should have an established record of scholarship and successful experience teaching adult learners.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
This position is eligible for hybrid worksite. Work is performed partially remote and partially on employer premises or designated assignment location. Employee must have availability to be on Manhattan campus frequently during the work week.
Visit this https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/policies/remote-work/index.html for K-State's guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Must hold a doctorate in adult education, training and development, organizational leadership or learning or closely related field from a regionally accredited university;
• Must demonstrate ability to teach graduate quantitative research methods courses;
• Knowledge of and experience in successful teaching of adult learners;
• Successful teaching at the graduate level;
• Knowledge of and strong interest in designing, implementing, and instructing online courses;
• Ability and commitment to work collaboratively in group settings;
• Expressed value in and commitment to integrate principles of diversity, equity and inclusion in course design and delivery at the graduate level;
• Evidence of scholarly activity which includes peer-reviewed publications and presentations focused on an area of expertise including adult education, teaching and learning of adult learners, organizational leadership, coaching, training and development or related area;
• Commitment to the doctoral program by advising doctoral students, serving on and chairing dissertations, and teaching doctoral courses adult education and quantitative research methods;
• Developing courses in quantitative research methods, and
• Developing courses in areas of specialization, such as teaching and learning, leadership, organizational development, coaching, training and development, or a related area.
• Graduate level teaching experience in the areas of teaching and learning of adult learners, training and development, organizational leadership;
• Experience developing and teaching quantitative research courses;
• Experience developing programs for adult learners;
• Experience recruiting graduate students for a degree program;
• Experience teaching online courses;
• Developed research agenda and scholarship in area of training and development or organizational learning and development or closely related field;
• Experience working with practitioners or practitioner experience in the area of organizational learning and development.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of interest describing your professional history as it relates to the tasks and qualifications of this position
• Curriculum Vita
• Unofficial transcripts from degree granting institutions
• Teaching philosophy
• Contact information for three references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Reviewing of applications begins on February 15, 2024, and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Nov 07, 2023
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/5010449
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.