Department: 3670020200 Philosophy
Job no: 516274
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 9 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Education / Instructional
Pay Grade: 08B
About This Role:
AOS: Tenure Track Assistant Professor working in applied ethics, with a research agenda including either a focus on ethical issues in technology related to AI or machine learning or a focus on issues in environmental ethics related to water or water resources. Some background in or ability to offer instruction in formal philosophy will be advantageous.
Applicants who are ABD will be considered, but appointment as Assistant Professor will require that the Ph.D. be in hand before August 4, 2024; otherwise the initial appointment will be as Instructor. Five undergraduate courses per year, standard service duties. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to and appreciation for teaching students from diverse, multi-cultural backgrounds. Preference will be given to candidates with the potential to win grants. Review will begin January 5, 2024.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• PhD in Philosophy. Applicants who are ABD will be considered, but appointment as Assistant Professor will require that the Ph.D. be in hand before August 4, 2024; otherwise, the appointment will be as Instructor.
• AOS: Tenure Track Assistant Professor working in applied ethics, with a research agenda that either includes a focus on ethical issues in technology related to AI or machine learning or a focus on issues in environmental ethics related to water or water resources. Some background in or ability to offer instruction in formal philosophy will be advantageous.
• AOC: Open
• The potential to engage in or aid research projects in fair AI or biomedical ethics will be viewed favorably, as will the ability to teach environmental philosophy, medical ethics or philosophy of computer science.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents as a single PDF at https://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/516274
• Sample paper
• Research and teaching statements
• Statement of potential areas of interdisciplinary research
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness
• At least three letters of recommendation are required; they may be submitted as part of the job application https://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/516274 or sent directly to mailto:[email protected]
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins on January 5, 2024 and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$65,000 to $70,000 with benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Nov 08, 2023
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/5010469
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.