IT Support Specialist III
Department: 3670080012 Vet Med Support Services
Job no: 516764
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Computer Science / Information Technology, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
The College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for an Information Technology Support Specialist III. This position will provide technical support and IT security support for all Vetmed IT applications and equipment, and help with overall maintenance concerning technology within the VetMed.
Safeguarding physical and digital assets through IT security measures, ensuring data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
• Monitor systems for security vulnerabilities.
• Ensure update policies and other security measures are in place on users desktop PC and Mac devices.
• Suggest and implement IT security measures.
• Respond promptly to security incidents, investigate breaches, and implement corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
• Educate employees about IT security best practices, such as password management, phishing awareness, and data handling procedures.
• Assess potential security risks and develop strategies to mitigate them, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
• Stay updated on the latest security threats, trends, and technologies through continuous learning and professional development.
Support and problem-solving for all desktops, laptops, tablets and other peripheral equipment purchased by VetMed.
• Purchase, install, maintain, update and repair all VetMed owned computers, laptops, peripherials, tablets, and miscellaneous equipment as needed.
• Keep detailed records of all tasks in ticketing system.
• Provide technical support and problem solving for faculty and staff within VetMed.
• Research problems not easily solved to meet teaching and research needs.
• Troubleshoot problems with hardware and software as needed to resolve problems encountered by faculty and staff.
• Provide network troubleshooting and analysis in efforts to resolve problems encountered with hardware or software.
• Create quotes, purchase orders, and assist with purchasing and setup of any IT related equipment for all departments within VetMed.
• Assist with moving computers and peripherals for faculty and staff. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Provide classroom support for classroom technology.
These duties require the individual to be able to analyze and resolve complicated and often unique problems independently with little direction but also must be able to tap into other resources within the CaTS team to resolve problems effectively and timely.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
Visit this https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/policies/remote-work/index.html for K-State's guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma (or equivalent)
• Three years relevant experience
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
• IT related Certifications
• CISM, CISA, GSEC, CISSM or other security certifications
• Wide knowledge of software applications
• Knowledge of system administration for multiple operating systems and platforms
• One year of experience in configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware and software programs on multiple platforms
• Ability to work independently, communicate effectively, and interact professionally to accomplish complex interdependent technical objective
• Must be able to obtain CyberSecurity or other IT security certification within one year of employment.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Feb 08, 2024
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/5007293
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.