University Police Officer
Department: 3670070030 KSU Police Department
Job no: 516750
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Law Enforcement
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
This position patrols university property to enforce laws, ordinances and regulations. Protects citizens and property from harm and responds to incidents and situations that arise. Serves the community by providing preventative patrol and response to accidents, incidents, crimes and disturbances. Works with diverse groups of people and makes an effort to involve community members in positive ways that promote the public safety goals.
Must be a United States citizen and at least 21 years of age.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
Visit this https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/policies/remote-work/index.html for K-State's guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Thorough working knowledge of local, state, and federal law, and university rules and regulations. Ability to make reports in written form in a clear and concise manner.
• Additional special requirements preferred: (all of the following to be considered equally): expresses good judgment; displays job knowledge, skills abilities and interests; shows ability to maintain positive public relations; demonstrates analytical ability; demonstrates good verbal communication skills, indicates high stress tolerance.
• Must be a United States citizen and at least 21 years of age. Must complete a basic law enforcement training program recognized by the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Commission and obtain certification as a law enforcement officer from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Commission before being given permanent status. This class requires the use of a firearm for law enforcement duties and therefore, candidates cannot have been convicted of, and must be free of any diversions from a felony or misdemeanor domestic violence crime as set forth in 18 U.S.C. § 922 (d) (9) and (g) (9).
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
• Requires a valid driver's license, one year of relevant experience in general law enforcement and completion of a basic law enforcement training program recognized by the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Commission. This position may use an education equivalency as determined relevant by a hiring manager. This position is covered by the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) agreement.
• First Aid and CPR certification required during first year of employment. Attend in-service training each year after certification. Good physical health and must be able to fulfill all requirements for admission to an accredited Kansas Law Enforcement Training Academy.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter, Resume & 3 References
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$19.90-24.03 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Feb 06, 2024
Application Closes: Feb 09, 2024
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/5002306
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.