Child Development Lead Teacher
Department: 3670055055 Center for Child Development
Job no: 516757
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Child Development
Pay Grade: 05A
About This Role:
The Department of Applied Human Sciences, within the College of Health and Human Sciences, is seeking a Child Development Lead Teacher to join their team at the Center for Child Development. The lead teacher is responsible for instructing children in a positive and professional learning environment using activities that promote the social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for elementary school. This position exercises active listening, instructing, reading comprehension, learning strategies, writing, social perceptiveness, time management, monitoring, and critical thinking skills; and requires substantial communication with children, parents, and other staff members to facilitate a safe and stimulating learning environment. This position reports to the Center's Assistant Director.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Intentionally plan and implement a positive learning environment adhering to NAEYC's developmentally appropriate practices, both indoors and outdoors that fosters development in motor, cognitive, language, social, emotional, and creative domains
• Implement Kansas Early Learning Guidelines within the classroom and articulate practices to others
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with children and their families
• Communicate with parents regarding their child's progress through a variety of means, including parent-teacher conferences and electronic written and verbal communication
• Create and maintain a positive learning environment in accordance with early childhood standards, regulations, and tools
• Model collegiality and maintain confidentiality in and outside of the classroom setting in regard to children, parents, staff, students, and volunteers
Why Join Us:
The Department of Applied Human Sciences is dedicated to making a difference in people's lives through research, teaching, engagement, outreach, service and clinical intervention. Our faculty, staff, and supervised student specialists provide direct services and outreach to enhance the health and well-being of individuals and families through many programs, including the Center for Child Development (CCD).
The Center for Child Development (CCD) serves as the clinical training site for students enrolled in the state-approved and nationally accredited undergraduate preservice teacher education program in early childhood education; provides quality childcare to K-State and the larger campus community; is accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC); is licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE); and meets high-quality food service standards of the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
For more information on the Department of Applied Human Sciences and the Center for Child Development: https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/ahs/ and https://www.k-state.edu/ccd/.
The College of Health and Human Sciences is home to six academic departments (Applied Human Sciences; Food, Nutrition, Dietetics & Health; Hospitality Management; Interior Design & Fashion Studies; Personal Financial Planning; and Kinesiology), the Center on Aging, Physician Assistant program, and a Nursing partnership with Wichita State University. The College enrolls roughly 2,800 students (undergraduate and graduate) and employs more than 105 full-time faculty members in teaching, research, and Extension positions (https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/). The College is committed to promoting research, scholarship, creative activity, and discovery with a strategic and cohesive focus on health and human behavior.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off (vacation, sick, and holidays). To see what benefits are available, please visit https://www.k-state.edu/hsc/benefits.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Six months of teaching experience and the following credentials:
• Child Development Associate Credential, OR
• 12 hours of college-level coursework in early childhood education, OR
• Associate degree in early childhood education
• Expected to actively pursue an associate or bachelor's degree as outlined in the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation criteria
• Bachelor's degree in early childhood education or closely related field
• Teacher licensure in early childhood unified in Kansas
• 3 years of experience in childcare settings
• Ability to work under pressure and with distractions
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with children, parents, and peers
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to remain on feet for long periods, stoop and bend throughout shift, and sit on the floor
• Ability to work inside and outside under varying work and climatic conditions
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Ability to pass a name-based and fingerprint background check, KDHE health assessment, and TB Test
• Ability to lift/move items up to 50 pounds unassisted on a repetitive basis
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$14.25 - $21.38 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your employment application, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Feb 07, 2024
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/5003358
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.