Development Post Graduate Intern
Department: 3670001110 K-State Athletics Inc (Agcy)
Job no: 516748
Employment type: Internship
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Student Affairs / Services, Athletics
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for a Development Post Graduate Intern, which is a temporary, full-time, benefits-eligible position for up to 24 months.
An example of job responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
• Respond to donor inquiries via phone, email, or in person, processing donor gifts, and maintaining donor contact information
• Manage weekly staff and prospect management meetings and prepare and distribute administrative materials including financial reports
• Assist with all day-to-day operations of the development office including donor communication and renewals, donor cultivation and stewardship research on prospective donors
• This role will assist with all aspects of the annual giving program to grow membership and retain active donors and premium seating sales.
• Provide event support including: donor experiences, receptions, Powercat Auction, Catbacker Tour, letterwinner events, and gameday functions
• Evening and weekend work is required as well as some travel
• Other duties as assigned
Why Join Us:
K-State Athletics is a proud member of the Big 12 Conference. We are looking for someone who wants to become a member of our development staff to help advance our development office through hard work, knowledge and dedication.
Our mission is to foster a culture in which our student-athletes have every opportunity to reach their maximum potential academically, athletically, mentally and socially while operating an organization that is anchored by a genuine commitment to K-State, our supporters and each other.
For more information on K-State Athletics, please visit http://www.kstatesports.com/
For more information on Manhattan, KS and the University, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/jobs/
Kansas State University has been named a 2022 Top Employer by https://diversityjobs.com/employer/top-diversity-employers/ for a third consecutive year.
The 2021 annual survey by Forbes magazine, “https://www.forbes.com/best-employers-by-state/#5aac9596487a,” finds Kansas State University rates among the Top 3 employers in the state and is the best university employer in Kansas.
Manhattan was ranked #19 in "Best Small Cities (under 75,000 population) in the U.S. by NerdWallet.com for Quality of Life, Economic Health, and Affordability, while Livability.com named Manhattan the #1 College Town in America in 2018. K-State Athletics is also a proud member of the Big 12 Conference.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum one year experience in intercollegiate athletics
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Customer relations experience
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Previous experience in Athletics Development or External Athletics Operations
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, applicants must complete the online application and submit/upload the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Resume which must contain three professional references with contact information (name, title, phone number, email address)
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Salary Range/Pay Rate:
$12.50 per hour (approximately $26,000 yearly estimate plus paid overtime) in the first year; potential to earn $14.00 (approximately $29,120 yearly estimate plus paid overtime) after completion of first year with a successful review and budget approval. Paid biweekly (26 pay periods).
• Medical, dental and vision health plans
• Retirement plan
• Earned leave plan - vacation and sick
• Parental leave
• Term life insurance
• Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Long term disability insurance
• Paid KSU designated holidays
K-State Athletics Local Agency Employee Benefits Information: https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/2020/3/6/athletics-human-resources.aspx?path=resources
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee. If position is in development, business office or ticket office, the background screen will include a credit check.
Advertised: Feb 06, 2024
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/5002310
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.