Assistant Vice President for HR Strategy
About This Role:
Kansas State University invites nominations and applications for the position of Assistant Vice President for HR Strategy.
This position serves as the assistant vice president for human resources strategy at Kansas State University. In this role, the incumbent works alongside the CHRO to develop and carry out a strategic vision for https://www.k-state.edu/hr/ , leading functional teams in the areas of talent, learning and development, compensation and organizational effectiveness and employee relations and engagement. This role oversees compliance with federal, state and local laws, regulations and university guidelines with regard to HR activities at the institution, managing and developing institutional policy in support of overall goals. The incumbent regularly collaborates with stakeholders and is one of two leaders who may represent HR in the absence of the CHRO.
For more information about Kansas State University, please view our https://www.k-state.edu/hr/careers/executive-profile/
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
Learn more about the Manhattan community at https://madeformanhattan.org/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
Visit this https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/policies/remote-work/index.html for K-State's guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience.
• Experience providing strategic vision for HR that aligns with institutional plans.
• A demonstrated commitment to customer service.
• Success as a collaborator, relationship builder, and change agent, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and ability to build coalitions and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of diverse individuals and groups, including senior executives, to achieve results.
• At least eight years of progressive HR leadership in human resources, including experience in key areas such as compensation, workforce development, recruitment and succession planning, performance management, employee engagement.
• A proven record of success in developing and implementing strategy, budget planning and financial management, staffing and personnel management, policy formulation, business planning and operations, continuous service improvement, and risk management.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to diverse groups of stakeholders.
• Ability to make timely decisions using sound judgment and including others in decision-making processes as appropriate.
• Success in fostering a workplace free from discrimination and bias.
• Thorough knowledge of federal and state employment-related laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of and experience with human resources information systems.
• Experience working with collective bargaining units within a higher education environment.
• Demonstrated strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation expertise and large-scale program implementation experience.
• Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
WittKieffer is assisting Kansas State University with this search. All applications, nominations and inquiries are invited.
Applications should include, as separate documents, a resume and letter of interest addressing the themes in the leadership profile.
Application materials should be submitted using WittKieffer's https://wittkieffer.com/positions/25226-assistant-vice-president-for-human-resources-strategy
Nominations and inquiries can be directed to the WittKieffer team at mailto:[email protected].
Screening of Applications Begins:
Applications will be screened upon receipt and the position will remain open until filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$160,000 - $190,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: 03 Nov 2023
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4999524
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.