Small Animal Veterinary Nurse Intern
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 516700
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 06A
About This Role:
The Small Animal Veterinary Nurse Intern (Limited Term) position provides an opportunity for professional growth at the Veterinary Health Center. An outstanding graduate veterinary nurse will be selected to obtain high quality, enhanced technical experience and training through employment in defined general and specialty practice areas. The objective of this position is to enhance employment marketability for private practice and/or assist with obtaining two years of post-graduate experience to qualify for future Veterinary Nurse II openings at the VHC.
This position is designated as essential.
Why Join Us:
The Veterinary Health Center offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes 24 vacation days plus other paid time off (holidays, sick, and discretionary), health insurance, life insurance, and retirement plans. To see what benefits are available, please visit:
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
Visit this https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/policies/remote-work/index.html for K-State's guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Completion of a two-year college program in animal or veterinary technology accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
• One year of experience in animal or veterinary technical support.
• Ability to maintain and use ordinary veterinary medical hospital equipment.
• Physically able to handle, restrain and provide medical services to domestic animals.
• A working knowledge of operating room sterile technique procedures is preferred.
• A knowledge of standard emergency veterinary medical procedures is preferred.
• Ability to perform word processing and data entry on a personal computer.
• Willing and able to master new techniques.
• Demonstrated interest in a specific clinical discipline.
• Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
• Must be a registered paraprofessional under the authority of the Kansas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners within six months of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$17.30 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Feb 05, 2024
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4994603
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.